The m3P Web & Wireless Self-Care, is a new product addition to the m3p Web & Wireless product family that is focused on the Telecom Service Provider market. In addition to the features of Web and Mobile Web Content Management System (CMS), the m3P Self-Care provides these salient features for Service Providers:
- Full CMS for Mobile content items like Wallpapers, Ringtones, Games, Applications
- Workflows for Mobile Content CMS that can involve external partners and internal quality control
- Self-care portal for subscribers of the Service Provider
- Content Delivery Server for Mobile content over SMS, MMS, including 2-way messaging capabilities
- Mobile Web and WAP rendering runtime engine for small-screen devices
- Integration services towards Telecom Operators Billing and Charging systems
- Integration services towards Telecom Operators CRM and DW systems
Customer service is one of most frequently stated problems especially for Telecom Service Providers, since delays and barriers when passing information through various departments can frustrate customers and quickly turn them into ex-customers. This problem is normally a key area of concern for most Telecom Service Providers who normally have a high cost of customer acquisition. However, providing customer service is also an expensive cost that operators would like to curtail, but without reducing customer satisfaction.
The Self-care Portal features of the m3p Web & Wireless helps Telecom Service Providers reach their Business Goals and objectives by accelerating the online customer experience, online conversion and customer loyalty. It provides a customisable Portal that re‐enforces Brand loyalty and enriches the customer experience as well helps reduce the resources needed to manage customers by empowering the customer and providing access to the same information online. As the platform also support mobile Web features, the Self-care portal can be accessed both through a normal desktop web browser or through any capable mobile phone.
The Self-Care Portal features allow Service Providers to open their business to their customers (commonly known as subscribers) on a 24x7 basis, enabling the customer to easily check status of his/her bill, order new products and services, or report and try to solve any problem with the service. This feature saves the Service Provider the cost of expensive minutes of calls to their Call Centers. It also provides a much richer user interface with more details and up-selling options than text services of USSD and SMS.
For customer’s prospectus, self service is valuable because it is easy and flexible. It provides an autonomous communication channel enabling customer to :
- Shop for products and services that suit their needs
- Purchase the products they want to buy
- Obtain on-going support on an “any time” basis
The product is based on a comprehensive service-oriented architecture (SOA) and provides a solid foundation for future development and the implementation of new services. The product is built using Java and PHP and can run on Linux or Windows environments.
This also provides a flexible architecture to deploy and integrate within a Service Provider environment where multiple Business Support Systems (BSS) exist.
Key features for the m3P Self-Care Portal:
- CMS for Mobile Content items: Wallpapers, Images, Ringtones, Games, Applications
- Support of multiple-variants of content for different mobile devices
- Workflows for content quality and approvals
- Interface to external partners or Content Providers with full visibility of content consumption
- Revenue reports for Telecom Service Provider as well as partners based on Mobile Content Sales
- Content Delivery Server over SMS, MMS, WAP-push and HTTP downloads
- Mobile phone device database with over 4000 device profiles for Mobile Web Rendering
- View latest bill information (both for pre-paid and post-paid)
- View payment or recharge history
- Change billing address
- View outstanding balance on subscriber account
- View details of the calls made since last bill
- View Telecom bill online and print it for free
- Change the services subscriber has subscribed to
- Communicate and send messages to Customer Care
- Integration with CRM: Ability to view customer information, request online updates
- Integration with Billing/Charging Systems/Data Warehouse systems: Bill inquiry, Real-time account and balance status, online charging, online transfers, credit card integration